Thursday, January 8, 2009

Todd's Graduation

The day we have been waiting for finally arrived!!! Todd's graduation was one of the most exciting events I have been a part of in quite sometime. He graduated from Law school on December 12, 2008. It has been a rollercoaster of a ride, but many wonderful blessings have also come our way. Todd started and finished his undergrad in 2 years, taking up to 24 credits in one semester, just to get finished quickly. As soon as he finished, we moved to Kansas and 6 weeks later he started law school, completing that in 2 1/2 years. Talk about determination! He has amazed me through the whole process. He could have easily buried himself in the books, but he always found time each day to spend with me and the kids. Family has always been his top priority. My church calling took me away from home quite a bit and he always supported me. He never once complained about having to take care of the kids. They enjoyed eating popcorn and watching movies together. The kids were sad when I didn't have to leave because then there usually wasn't popcorn with Dad. It was just another night. Todd has made a lot of sacrifices over the past 4 1/2 years and continues to do so. I appreciate all that he does for us. I am so grateful to be married to him. Way to go, Todd!


We were very blessed to have our parents and some friends come out for graduation. They made a lot of sacrifices to attend and we really appreciate them coming. It made the night that much more special. Thanks!!
Our family with Mom Pingel and Mom & Dad Sanderson

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, what an accomplishment! That is no small task to complete and especially in that short of a time. Congrats, Todd!!

Shannon said...

That awesome! But I'm not sure why we didn't get the invitation...we're so close we could have met you in Liberty and hung out!! So where are you off too now?? Good luck with everything, I suppose no lake trip this summer, eh?

Robinson Roost said...

I am so happy for all of you! It truly was a team effort.

Blaine said...

Horray! Congradulations and welcome back to "the life"; job, bills, responsibilites, job and a few other esteemed perks.

Sherri Harward said...

Wow, that is pretty amazing that he was able to stay sane and complete all of that schooling in such a short period of time. Way to go.

That was pretty awesome that Todd was so supportive of your calling too. I don't think Doug would have reacted the same way.