Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Not Just a Stubbed Toe

I was getting ready for the day yesterday when Carter walked in, actually hobbled in, and sat on the stool and told me he had stubbed his toe on his door. Like a sympathetic mom, I looked it over then wiggled it. That's what you are supposed to do to make sure it's not broken, right? WRONG. He hollered, "That hurts!" I suggested that he go rest on the couch until his toe felt better. I really didn't think he would do it, but he did. Then to make matters worse, he stubbed it on his bed post last night.
By the evening, it was starting to turn colors and by today it was blue and purple. He walks on his heel which he says is pretty sore now too. He has been very tough through it all, never once crying.

5 comments:

Candria said...

Oh no! Poor kid! That looks painful and toes are the worst because there's not much you can do! Hope he hangs in there!

Amber said...

Owwie, owwie owwwwwwwwww!

VALERIE said...

OH MAN THAT LOOK LIKE IT HURTS. I WOULD HAVE CRIED. SERIOUSLY. HOW BRAVE IS THAT WOW. IT TOTALLY MAKES MY TOES HURT TO SEE THE PICTURE.

Robinson Roost said...

Carter, I broke my toe once too so I know how it hurst. Tape it to the next toe. It really does help.

Anonymous said...

I hate getting my toe stubbed, it is the worst ever, and man, if I stubbed my toe to where it turned black and blue I know I would have been crying.