Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Blustery Day


Our time in Kansas is winding down fast and we are beginning to think of all the things we are going to miss. One of those being the rainstorms. But let me clarify, not the kind of rain and wind that are sometimes followed by a sound outside that we call the "Tornado Siren." We are not going to miss those storms! I'm talking about continuous thunder and lightning with a down pouring of rain. When we had only been in Kansas a few days, we were awakened in the middle of the night by one of these storms. Scared us half to death!! People later told us that we would get used to them and be able to sleep right through it. We haven't reached that point, but they don't scare me anymore. In fact, I purposely opened the sliding glass door yesterday to listen to and smell the rain. The kids on the other hand, secretly tried closing the door and few times because of the thunder and lightning, but they were busted! I want to enjoy as many rainstorms as possible over the next few months. I love the rainy days!

These pictures were taken about a year ago. I love watching the water shoot out of the downspout.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Holy Smokes! That's a lot of rain!!

Amber said...

I am so with you. The only other place I have been with these kind of downpours is Hawaii. Kansas is something else in so many ways.

VALERIE said...

Wow that is really cool. i didn't know you had a blog i can now stock you i am excited. it is good to know that you are still a live out their.keep up the postings. it is the only way that we know what is going on in everyones lives.

Shannon said...

Thats my favorite thing too about the midwest, the midwest does some awesome storms. When are you guys done with school?