Monday, November 17, 2008

New Glasses

Carter is into his 3rd year of wearing glasses. It's funny to see him become more particular about what he wants the older he gets. On the way to his appointment, he informed me that he wanted orange glasses. YIKES!!! Orange? He thought that would be pretty cool. Well, after the check-up with the doctor, we went to pick out some new frames. The assistant had some trays with frames inside and asked if we wanted plastic or metal. Of course the plastic, and very colorful frames had to be on the top of the pile. I quickly said, "metal" and Carter said, "I'm ok with metal." Phew!! A major disappointment avoided, so I thought. We moved on to the metal frames and picked the winning pair. Then came a question I was not prepared for. "Can you put some orange and yellow flames on the sides?" What??? Flames??? Like a good mom, I started laughing. The assistant tried so hard to keep her composure and did a pretty good job. She explained that they didn't have any with flames on the sides, but maybe when he ordered new frames next year, they just might have some. So needless to say, no orange and no flames. On the way home, I told him maybe we could find him some sunglasses with flames on the sides. He said, " I don't want sunglasses with flames on them." Then he asked me if his glasses were going to be orange. It's a good thing check-ups are annually!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Flamin' orange pin strips are in these days Mom! Can't say that I have seen any around..., ...but he might just start a trend. He's a pretty handsome little man with the new glasses.
-Blaine

The Cysewski Family said...

That is very funny! Maybe he'll want to get a motorcycle and wear leather pants? Oh man, what a funny little guy!

Hannah said...

That's so funny! He's obviously a very happenin' kid. Too cute!!

Anonymous said...

njh