Friday, October 8, 2010

Milestones

I find it very interesting that every pregnancy can be so different. This one has definitely been a challenge and I am making some unique milestones this time. I went into the doctor's office on Sept. 20 due to a headache that kept me up the night before. My blood pressure had gone up considerably and they did an ultrasound and non-stress test to make sure the baby was ok , which he was. I was sent home with a prescription for blood pressure medication and told to "take it easy." I have been going in twice a week for check-ups (blood pressure, ultrasound, and non-stress test).
Well, I went in on Tuesday and was told I have toxemia and that my blood pressure was so high that I was at risk of having a seizure and could not go home. I was sent to the hospital for a 24-hour observation stay and was tested and monitored to see if there was anything else going on. They sent me home with more medication and put me officially on bed rest.
I went in again today and it was the same story, same tests. He has grown a little and weighs about 5 lbs. 5 oz. I left with an increased dosage of medication. The doctor is hoping I can make it through the weekend and by Sunday the baby will be 37 weeks and then I will probably be induced after that. Before 37 weeks, he would be premature. We'll see what news my Monday appt. brings!
My family has been awesome!!! The simple things they do make me smile. The kids have been out of school the past few days and have been great help. The girls take my breakfast order (which consists of cold cereal choices and milk choices) and get it ready for me. Carter makes peanut butter sandwiches for lunch (with jam dripping over the edges). They vacuum, do dishes, make each other's beds and keep things cleaned up. Then Todd comes home from work and is like "Super Husband" taking care of everything else. And at they end of the day, he gets to crawl into bed with me and listen to me snore (like a freight train, he says) all night and gets hardly any sleep. He has been so patient, kind and loving through it all. Our extended family has been great, too! Thanks for your love and concern.

7 comments:

Amber said...

So sorry to hear. Fingers crossed for everything to go fine. Didn't realize you were so close. Good thing you don't have byu tickets.

Miriam Lusk said...

Oh man! Bed rest is no fun! I hope everything is A ok! Praying for you and little one!

Melissa Ross said...

Hope everything goes well. Your in our thoughts and prayers. We sure miss you guys!

Candria said...

Doesn't this part of pregnancy seem to take FOREVER?!! Especially when there is extra anxiety involved, then he will be here and you won't even remember those weeks of waiting.... Good luck! Wish we were closer to help!

Jenneka said...

Good luck! We'll be praying for you!

Chelsea said...

Oh I feel your pain! Luckily for me I was told I had it at 38 weeks and had no bed rest! Hope everything turns out great, and thank goodness for awesome kids and husband!

Hannah said...

Oh my gosh! Scary! You take it easy and I hope all goes well tomorrow.